Monday, August 2, 2010

MY DAUGHTERS HOUSE STAGE 1

Sat. as I came around the corner by my daughters house,this is what I saw.I knew the roof was gone from part of the house but it is still a shock to see. As you can probably tell it is a very old house .The main part is well over 100 years old,they really like the neighborhood,the school system,and their house. But it was just to small for 3 kids,the area where the guys are setting the trusses down was my grandaughters bedroom.Was not working well, 3yrs differance in age, and way different personalities.It could only get worse as they get older.
They decided to raise the original walls by 2 feet get rid of the slope and add another bedroom at the other end of the upstairs.Now they will each have their on space. Unfortunately my grandsons room will be in the middle.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I love watching demolition & remodeling...can't wait til you share the progress!

    Have a great week,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering if you got my emails...I am thinking that maybe you didn't. Please let me know and I can send the pictures again.

    thanks
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. also just realized that price list isn't completely right ~ I can make you a better deal on most of that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 g'children also & even though the 6 yr. old girls are twins, they're needing their own space (before they harm one another). I had to share a room with 3 sisters but guess times have changed. I'll look forward to seeing the house when it's completed. Jan

    ReplyDelete