Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SUNDAY AFTERNOON DRIVE

It been quite sometime since we took the time for a Sunday drive, so this last Sunday we decided to run over to the Flea Market at Maquoketa. I left empty handed there just wasn't anything I had to have. On the way back we spotted an eagle in a corn field not far off the road,so I had my hubby turn around so I could try and get a picture of it.They are such beautiful birds. Well I got my shot and as I was getting back in the car I realized what a fantastic scene was right in front of us .
Mr.or Mrs. EAGLE
We stayed 151 and stopped at the state park on the Wapsi in Anamosa to look for more wildlife.Pretty sure we would see more eagles in the open water below the dam,and sure enough there he was. He seemed to be out for a little sun like the rest of us.What a great day for a drive
Even the geese were practicing some synchronized swimming .
Spring can't be to far off,I have crocus' peeking through on the east side of my house

No comments:

Post a Comment