Monday, July 12, 2010

ROAD TRIP TO AMANA

Went to Amana yesterday and redid our show case.It had been a while and was in real need of spiffing up. Thought I would take some pictures so you could see how nice and spiffy it looks. My husband has always been one,when given the time will take off on a Sunday drive. Well you guessed it yesterday was Sunday and we had the time We don't drive on the hiway, oh no we take the back roads but look what you can see when you take the back roads.The shots of the male are the same guy,it was him and 7 females and 1 baby. We actually saw the fawn first laying curled up just like that under a tree not to far from the road.There was a house back a little way, but it didn't seem to bother the baby.It layed right there and stared at us while we backed up, rolled down the window,and my husband kept saying you better hurry up.I,m sure she thought what the heck kind of circus is this and in the middle of my nap. We were probably less than a couple of miles from the Smokhouse,I'm really glad he decided to take one of his Sunday drives. I positively loved seeing these magnificent creatures.

1 comment:

  1. I too had a fawn pop out of the ditch and run up the road in front of me on my drive Sunday, now the elk, that would've really surprised me here in Iowa, what a majestic creature...have a great week kids!

    sharon

    ReplyDelete