Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE LAST ROSE OF SUMMER

These are some pictures I took of a single rose growing in my yard. I couldn't decide which shot to use so I used them all.
My husband was painting the foundation of the house and I had to clean up as many flowers as I could. Somehow I just couldn't cut this one.I love roses,I can remember when I was little my Grandfather had a beautiful rose garden .
It had a short white picket fence on three sides with a huge grape arbor in the back. The grapes grew up an over the top. He had a full size swing hanging from framework so in late summer you could go sit & swing in the shade and enjoy the sweet smell of the ripening grapes.
If only we could travel back in time to those simple days of childhood.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is so lovely - hasn't it been a wonderful October? I still have a few blooms on my humble little rose bushes too. I think in January everyone should post their October garden pics to give us hope for spring!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete